29 Jan Celebrity Apex Cruise Ship Launching March 2020
One of the most anticipated luxury cruise liner launches of the decade is going down in March of 2020, and I’m sure the team over at Celebrity Cruises are extremely excited. Since that is so close now I thought we’d take a look inside and out of the Apex cruise ship from Celebrity and show you just what all the excitement is about. This vessel is hyped to be the next level of what an elevated cruising experience can be like and so far, so good.
The Apex follows in the lineage of the Edge series of cruise ships and shares the transformational look and feel of its sister ship. This vessel is dressed to impress with its dramatically expanded staterooms that include their signature Infinite Verandas for viewing pleasure. If you’re not familiar with that term, it means that with the touch of a single button, your entire living quarters becomes the veranda. This means you can walk right out to the water’s edge and enjoy the beautiful weather and sights.
Apex will also have fabulous two-story Edge Villas with their own private terrace and plunge pool. There are also plants for you to enjoy which I would have thought would be a total pain to keep managed with that many suites. They manage to pull it off though and that’s just one of the little touches that set this cruising line apart.
Take a few minutes to watch the video review of the one of the suites to see what’s in store for you during your stay. They’re like contemporary micro condos with all the rights luxury touches. The bedroom suite on the second level gives you jaw-dropping views, and the balcony has just enough room to sunbathe, sip champagne and enjoy your own private jacuzzi on deck. Celebrity Cruises has kind of reinvented the cruising wheel here with these villas, and we say good luck to them one-upping this…you’re going to need it!
They’ve kept a focus on the contemporary design elements that are a known highlight of the Edge Series. I absolutely love the “Magic Carpet” aspect of the ship. This is an outdoor lounge that vertically traverses the the cruise ship, changing its style and mood on each new level it stops at. We think this is a great way to keep guests feeling excited about something new each time they experience an event on the Magic Carpet.
It’s definitely a ship aimed at those wanting fantastic food experiences and wellness options to further the rejuvenation one looks to achieve on their vacation. Apex will be the first ship at sea offering workouts with F45 Training on board, definitely needed knowing how good the food is going to be.
- Craft Social Bar – This relaxed, casual bar space, will offer draft cocktails, wines on tap and more than 50 of the world’s rarest craft beers served by a certified beer sommelier. Menu items will include contemporary comfort food cuisine like mac and brie, Kobe beef sliders, crispy chicken sliders and meat and cheese boards. Large-screen TVs will air live sporting events.
- A new 3-D digital animation dining experience at Le Grand Bistro – Celebrity Edge’s first-at-sea digitally animated menu by Le Petit Chef will offer a new animated story on Celebrity Apex, enhanced by new menu creations from Chef Gallagher. A fusion of entertainment and dining, the menu offers such dishes as spring pea soup, King Crab farfalle pasta and filet mignon, while diners enjoy a story that chronicles the life adventures of Le Petit Chef who meets the girl of his dreams at age 12.
- A new Eden dining experience – This remarkable three-story indoor natural Wonderland, with sweeping panoramic, outward facing windows will feature an extraordinary culinary journey of new flavor-forward a la carte appetizers, entrees and desserts with ingredients sourced from local farms and fisheries in the lower-level restaurant. A sampling of new menu items includes fresh roasted Spanish prawns with melted peppers; cured fresh chorizo; slow-cooked shellfish broth with parsley, garlic, shallots and maldon sea salt from England; pastrami with Devonshire Dijon mustard emulsion, mashed potatoes cooked in duck fat; and crispy rye bread sautéed in butter and melted raclette cheese.
Other onboard wellness programs and experiences include:
- A new Destination Wellness program featuring locally inspired spa menus using authentic local ingredients inspired by the destinations that the ship explores.
- A new Women in Wellness wellbeing program centering on the emotional, physical and spiritual practices of some of the wellness industries’ most highly respected influencers including Katie Brauer, Yoga Master and Founder and CEO of The Yoga Professional; Ruth Zukerman, co-founder of Soul Cycle and Flywheel Sports; and skincare icon and Elemis CEO Noella Gabriel.
- An array of new and first-at-sea spa offerings, including more than 120 soothing treatments and a new collection of state-of-the-art treatment tables, highlighted by the unique Iyashi Dôme, the original Japanese infrared sauna that deeply cleanses and detoxifies the body.
Find out more -> https://www.celebritycruises.com/cruise-ships/celebrity-apex